The Department of Philosophy - Uppsala University announces five vacant PhD positions:
- One PhD position in Aesthetics
- One PhD position in Philosophy with specialization in Theoretical Philosophy
- One PhD position in Philosophy with specialization in History of Philosophy
- One PhD position in Philosophy with specialization in Philosophy of Law within the project Civis Sum
- One PhD position in Philosophy with specialization in Philosophical Anthropology within the programme Engaging Vulnerability
Last date of application for the position in Philosophical Anthropology (Engaging Vulnerability) is April 8, and for the other positions April 25. Read more in the job advertisement.
Postgraduate studies extend over a 4-year period. The successful candidates will be employed by the department as PhD candidates (“doktorandanställning”) for 4 years full-time, and as employees they will be eligible for Swedish social benefits, such as paid parental leave. The starting salary is currently 24 400 SEK/month. Doctoral students are expected to engage in their studies full-time, and to participate in the activities of the department. The position might also entail teaching and other assignments, amounting to no more than 20% of full-time employment. The positions are available from September 1, 2016.
Please note that admission for the PhD at Uppsala University is highly competitive and that a Master Degree in the Humanities or Sciences or equivalent at the time of application is a prerequisite for a successful application.
Your application should include (a) a brief CV, outlining your academic progress to date; (b) a statement outlining your proposed research (4-5 pages); (c) a copy of your MA thesis (and/or examined theses at other academic levels); (d) copies of diplomas or equivalent documentation of eligibility and academic qualifications; and (e) publications and other relevant documents the applicant wishes to bring to our attention (e.g. writing sample).
Website of the offers: http://uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=94184